James is a letter concerned with helping those who have already turned to Christ grow in their Christian maturity. It’s not a letter concerned with the basics of salvation or first principles. Rather’s it’s about growth. James is a great book to study at any point in our Christian journey, challenging us to refine ourselves by growing closer to Christ in faith, word, and deed.
- An Overview of James Chapter 1: Maturity in Faith
- An Overview of James Chapter 2: Maturity in Unprejudiced Grace
- An Overview of James Chapter 3: Maturity in Speech
- An Overview of James Chapter 4: Maturity in Humility
- An Overview of James Chapter 5: Maturity and Trust
While I divided these up by chapter, it’s helpful to remember that those chapter breaks were added centuries later. It’s a good idea to read a letter like this in one unbroken session before breaking out into sections.
For these studies, I was working from the Christian Standard Bible.